Monday, August 16, 2010

Score one for the home team

I found my dress. It was the first one I tried on. My mom and my aunt were in love with it, but I wasn't convinced that the best dress could possibly be the first one. After a hot day of getting lost in Charleston/Kanawha City/St. Albans and only shopping at one other store, we returned to the English Rose, where I tried on the dress again (after eating at a Chinese buffett--big mistake). So it's now my dress. It looks great and it was half off too! You just can't beat that.

In other news, I accepted the I-Teams leader position and I'm really excited for the coming semester. Unfortunately, that's about all I'm looking forward to because everything else is completely overwhelming. I get sick to my stomach just thinking about it. This is my last year of school, so I'll be planning a wedding, making sure I have all of my credits to graduate, and applying to graduate, not to mention all the stress I feel with everyone moving back into Morgantown. I have told Andy over and over that I am locking myself in the house this weekend, and he can come and see me if he wants, but I am not going anywhere. Somehow, though, he has convinced me to go antique shopping and see a movie. We'll just see how that goes.

Morgantown is so crazy when everyone comes back in the fall. Luckily most of the upperclassmen trickle in through the last few weeks before school starts, but all the freshmen make a mad rush for campus starting on Friday morning. It's complete and utter chaos. Parents don't know how to navigate Morgantown, pedestrians jaywalk, parties pop up all over the place, little 18-year-olds think they are going to get hammered every night, and there is nothing left on the shelves at Wal-Mart. Like I said--chaos. I can't wait to move away.

I also get a little nervous and uncomfortable at BCM because there are so many people and often a significant portion are new. I try to make friends and make the newbies/freshmen feel welcome but I always end up feeling shy and intimidated, and I just go talk to people I know. I guess it's something I'm going to have to pray about because I get nervous just thinking about it.

327 days til we're married!

No comments:

Post a Comment